SkyRunner Buggy Flying Car Photos and Info
See more photos of the SkyRunner Dune Buggy below this post.
The SkyRunner Buggy openly displays its attractive framework with its exoskeleton form suddenly serving aesthetic purposes in addition to their usual function. Thanks to the benefit of lightweight construction and high-strength, low-mass properties the SkyRunner chassis creates an aggressive and sporty look aimed at those who seek the ultimate pursuit of adventure. It doubles as a flying car.
SkyRunner has an advanced 1.0-litre Ford EcoBoost petrol engine uses innovative technologies to deliver petrol engine response and refinement with the better fuel economy and torque performance associated with diesel engines. The compact and powerful new Ford EcoBoost engine boasts 125PS, delivering class-leading petrol engine CO2 emissions of 114g/km and 5.0l/100km (56.5 mpg) fuel economy.
SkyRunner Car Mode
With minimum weight, dynamic handling and peak performance, the SkyRunner is the ideal candidate for demanding terrain and sand dune adventures. The SkyRunner engine’s 125PS (92kW) power and 200Nm torque output rivals that of a traditional 1.6-litre petrol engine and has the highest power density of any similar production engine. Thanks to the lightweight chassis the SkyRunner accelerates to 62mph in just 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of 115mph.
SkyRunner Flight Mode
The SkyRunner uses the latest reflex paraglider wing technology. Renowned for their extreme pitch and roll stability, the SkyRunner wing inspires confidence while retaining dynamic and responsive control. Once in the air the wing simply absorbs turbulence and provides a safe and comfortable flight. During launching, the SkyRunner’s EcoBoost engine gets you quickly off the ground with minimum effort and thanks to its innovative flywheel and pulley design counters engine vibration to deliver refinement without affecting performance, economy or emissions.
In the unlikely event of engine or wing failure the SkyRunner simply floats softly to the ground on its paraglider, or a ballistic reserve chute can be deployed.
Skyrunner Specifications ( CHASSIS )
- Weight : 420kg (926lbs) excluding driver
- Chassis : Thin-wall, high-strength space frame
- Bodywork : Glass/carbon fibre composite
- Propeller : Helix 1.65m 3-blade carbon fibre
- Suspension : Independent double-wishbone
- Wheels : 18 x 8 3-piece, bespoke centres
- Gearshift : Pneumatic paddle-shift
- Fuel Capacity : 9.24 gal (35 litres)
Skyrunner Specifications ( ENGINE )
- Type : Ford 1.0ltr EcoBoost Direct Injection Turbo
- Displacement : 999cc
- Valvetrain : 4-valve, DOHC, Ti-VCT
- Bore x Stroke : 71.9mm x 82mm
- Compression : 10.0:1
- Power : 125PS (92kW) @ 6000rpm
- Torque : 147.5 lbs/ft (200Nm) @ 1400-4500rpm Propellor torque: 451 lbs/ft @ 5500rpm
- Transmission : Bespoke 4-speed with power takeoff
Skyrunner Specifications ( PERFORMANCE )
- Max. Road Speed : 115mph (185kph)
- 0-100kph (0-62mph) : 4.3 secs
- Max. Air Speed : 55mph (88.5kph)
- Takeoff Speed : 37mph (59.5kph)
- Cruise Speed : 35 mph (56.3 kph)
- Max. Altitude : 15,000ft
- Restricted Altitude : 10,000ft
- Range : 200 miles (321.8km)
SkyRunner Flight Video
More: SkyRunner Website