Florence Speedway race results featuring the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series on August 8th, 2018
Tonight, it’s a makeup show from May 5th. It’s been rescheduled to lead the North/South 100 weekend at Florence Speedway. Tonight’s main event will pay $12,000 to the winner.
View full 2018 Ralph Latham Memorial race results below.
Qualifying – Report
Nick Hoffman takes to pole in the first night at Florence Speedway. He circled the half-mile dirt track at 15.546. It’s Hoffman’s first career Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series pole.
Austyn Mills was fastest in group B qualifying. H turned a 15.703.
Heat 1 – Report
Nick Hoffman and Tyler Erb set row one in the first heat race of the night. Green, Hoffman slides them in turn 1. He comes off turn 2 with the lead.
Hoffman, Erb and Davenport all head for the bottom in turn 1. Lap 2, back in turn 1, Hoffman can’t hold it on the bottom. Erb is looking low off turn 4. Hoffman holds the lead.
Nick Hoffman drives away to win the first heat race of the weekend!
Heat 2 – Report
Bobby Pierce and Hudson O’Neal trail the pace truck ahead of heat race number two. Green, O’Neal gets the jump, he leads into turn 1. Pierce hangs with him but O’Neal is faster early.
Lap 6, the caution is out. Flat tire for Casebolt.
Green, Hudson O’Neal to the middle in turn 1. Pierce is hard on the gas to the bottom. They both bounce through the ruts. Pierce can pull to his number but he can’t complete the pass off turn 2. McCreadie is slow on track, caution.
Green, caution. Green, Hudson O’Neal drives off to win heat race number two!
Heat 3 – Report
Donald McIntosh and Zack Dohm lead the to the starting line in heat three. Green, McIntosh leads into turn 1. They bounce off eachother for 2nd on back.
Lap 8, Zack Dohm clips the inside tire barrier in turn 1. The field stacks up behind him but he holds the position.
McIntosh wins heat race number three!
Heat 4 – Report
Austyn Mills and Scott Bloomquist set the front row in heat four. Green, Bloomquist heads into turn 1. Smoke comes out the right front but he’s still rolling.
Lap 3, the caution is out.
Green, Bloomquist leads. Bronson is coming. Bronson looks low in turn 3. Bloomquist tries to cross him but can’t complete it. They both bounce through turn 1.
Lap 7, the caution is out. Buckingham made contact off turn 3. He’s now slow on track. Bloomquist heads to the pit area. He’s out of the race.
Green, Jameson bounces into turn 1 in a battle for 3rd. He hits a rut and is launched sideways into the air. He cones down on another one and he barrel rolls through turns 1-2. The red flag is out. Jameson climbs from the car.
Just 4 cars remain. Green, Bronson leads into turn 1, Marlar trails. Bronson cruises to the win in heat four!
Heat 5 – Report
Gregg Satterlee and Joey Moriarty lead them to the flag stand in heat five. Green, terrible start for Satterlee. He’s swallowed by the field. False start.
Green, Satterlee leads on the bottom into turn 1. Moriarty slams the door shut on the bottom to hold 2nd.
Lap 5, the caution is back out. Green, caution. Moriarty is around.
Green, Satterlee leads. Zeigler holds 2nd. Caution. Green, Satterlee opens up a two car length gap to Zeigler.
Satterlee wins heat race number five!
Heat 6 – Report
Dennis Erb Jr and Ricky Weiss lead them to the green flag in the final heat race of the night. Green, Weiss smacks a rut in turn 1. Both left side wheels lift off the ground and he lifts from the throttle. Dennis Erb takes the lead.
Lap 2, Josh Richards looks to the outside of Weiss. Weiss slides up the hill on exit and Richards tags his right rear bumper. Weiss is sent into Kody Evans and Evans is around.
Green, Erb leads. Josh Richards pancakes the wall off turn 4 but he’s back on the throttle.
Overton looks to the outside of Erb in turn 1. He’s back in the gas and to the lead off turn 2.
Overton takes the win in the final heat race of the night!
Main Event – Report
The field is set for tonight’s 50 lap main event at Florence Speedway. Nick Hoffman and Kyle Bronson lead the field to the flag stand.
Green flag, they’re even at the starting line. Kyle Bronson kicks it to the top in turn 2. Bronson leads off turn 2
Lap 3, the yellow is out. Mason Zeigler is slow on track.
Green, Bronson leads. Hudson O’Neal diamonds the middle. He cuts behind Hoffman and drives under him off turn 2. Hudson O’Neal to 2nd in turn 3. Caution.
Green, Hudson O’Neal is looking to the high side in turn 1. Bronson slides up and takes the lane away.
The next lap, same thing. Hudson has a run on the outside off turn 4. Hudson O’Neal looks high in turn 1. Bronson leaves him roof off turn 2. Hudson O’Neal takes the lead on the outside down the backstretch.
Lap 16, Bronson is slow in turn 4. The yellow is out and he heads to the pit area with a flat right rear. The track has been rough all night due to rain.
Green, Hudson O’Neal leads. Tyler Erb makes a run for the lead, not enough.
Caution, Darrell Lanigan tagged the wall and stacked up the field behind him. Bloomquist and Bronson are around.
Green, Hudson O’Neal continues to lead.
Lap 22, the rear end has snapped out of the #49. Davenport jumps up and down. The rear end lifts a foot off the ground each time. He has no drive. Davenport coasts to the pit area. The caution is out.
The rain has begun to fall. The field heads for the outside pit area. As soon as they do that, the rain stops. 5 min delay and we’re back green.
It’s going to be a short race to halfway. Lap 25 will complete it.
Green, Hudson O’Neal heads to the top. Rain drops are falling again. Hudson O’Neal opens up a gap.
Hudson O’Neal wins the first night at Florence Speedway! Rain drops continue to fall in victory lane.
“Let it rain!,” Hudson O’Neal says from victory lane. “I didn’t even know we were running [just] 3 laps.”
Tomorrow night, the series will rack ’em again at the same track. The North/South Shootout on August 9th will pay $10,000 to the winner. August 10-11th, Florence Speedway hosts the two-day program of the North/South 100.
View full Ralph Latham Memorial results below.
Qualifying A – Results
1. Nick Hoffman (15.546); 2. Bobby Pierce (15.557); 3. Donald McIntosh (15.586); 4. Tyler Erb; 5. Hudson O’Neal; 6. Zack Dohm; 7. Josh Rice; 8. Jonathan Davenport; 9. Michael Chilton; 10. Jared Hawkins; 11. Austin Rettig; 12. Don O’Neal; 13. Earl Pearson Jr; 14. Michael Page; 15. Dale McDowell; 16. Jimmy Mars; 17. Steve Casebolt; 18. Kent Robinson; 19. Rob Mayea; 20. Tim McCreadie; 21. Jesse Lay; 22. Trevor Landrum; 23. Kenny Howell; 24. Robby Hensley; 25. Billy Green; 26. Jeremy Conaway; 27. Rob Anderzack;
Qualifying B – Results
1. Austyn Mills (15.703); 2. Gregg Satterlee (15.771); 3. Dennis Erb Jr (15.772); 4. Scott Bloomquist; 5. Joey Moriarty; 6. Ricky Weiss; 7. Mike Marlar; 8. Devin Gilpin; 9. Jimmy Owens; 10. Jason Jameson; 11. Mason Zeigler; 12. Kody Evans; 13. Kyle Bronson; 14. Darrell Lanigan; 15. Josh Richards; 16. Shanon Buckingham; 17. Duane Chamberlain; 18. Chad Stapleton; 19. Doug Drown; 20. Scott James; 21. Brandon Overton; 22. Nick Latham; 23. Craig Vosbergen; 24. Austin Burns; 25. Jason Miller; 26. Chris Shannon;
Heat 1 – Results
1. Nick Hoffman; 2. Tyler Erb; 3. Jonathan Davenport; 4. Earl Pearson Jr; 5. Jimmy Mars; 6. Josh Rice; 7. Rob Mayea; 8. Billy Green; 9. Trevor Landrum;
Heat 2 – Results
1. Hudson O’Neal; 2. Bobby Pierce; 3. Michael Page; 4. Austin Rettig; 5. Michael Chilton; 6. Kenny Howell; 7. Jeremy Conaway; 8. Tim McCreadie; 9. Steve Casebolt;
Heat 3 – Results
1. Donald McIntosh; 2. Zack Dohm; 3. Jared Hawkins; 4. Don O’Neal; 5. Dale McDowell; 6. Jesse Lay; 7. Rob Anderzack; 8. Kent Robinson; 9. Robby Hensley;
Heat 4 – Results
1. Kyle Bronson; 2. Mike Marlar; 3. Doug Drown; 4. Jason Miller; 5. Jason Jameson; 6. Scott Bloomquist; 7. Nick Latham; 8. Shanon Buckingham; 9. Austyn Mills;
Heat 5 – Results
1. Gregg Satterlee; 2. Mason Zeigler; 3. Darrell Lanigan; 4. Duane Chamberlain; 5. Craig Vosbergen; 6. Devin Gilpin; 7. Chris Simpson; 8. Joey Moriarty; 9. Scott James;
Heat 6 – Results
1. Brandon Overton; 2. Dennis Erb Jr; 3. Josh Richards; 4. Jimmy Owens; 5. Ricky Weiss; 6. Kody Evans; 7. Austin Burns; 8. Chad Simpson; 9. James Rice;
B Main 1 – Results
12 Laps: Top 2 Transfer
1. Earl Pearson Jr; 2. Don O’Neal; 3. Dale McDowell; 4. Austin Rettig; 5. Michael Chilton; 6. Jeremy Conaway; 7. Jesse Lay; 8. Rob Anderzack; 9. Tim McCreadie; 10. Kenny Howell; 11. Josh Rice; 12. Robby Hensley; 13. Rob Mayea; 14. Trevor Landrum; 15. Billy Green;
B Main 2 – Results
12 Laps: Top 2 Transfer
1. Jimmy Owens; 2, Ricky Weiss; 3. Jason Miller; 4. Devin Gilpin; 5. Chad Simpson; 6. Chad Stapleton; 7. Austin Burns; 8. Duane Chamberlain; 9. Nick Latham; 10. Joey Moriarty; 11. Kody Evans; 12. James Rice;
Main Event – Results
Ralph Latham Memorial
50 Laps 25 Laps: $12,000 to win
Pos | Driver | Earnings
1. Hudson O’Neal
2. Tyler Erb
3. Gregg Satterlee
4. Bobby Pierce
5. Josh Richards
6. Jimmy Owens
7. Don O’Neal
8. Tim McCreadie
9. Earl Pearson Jr
10. Nick Hoffman
11. Darrell Lanigan
12. Kyle Bronson
13. Dennis Erb Jr
14. Scott Bloomquist
15. Jared Hawkins
16. Jonathan Davenport
17. Brandon Overton
18. Jesse Lay
19. Mike Marlar
20. Michael Page
21. Donald McIntosh
22. Zack Dohm
23. Doug Drown
24. Mason Zeigler
25. Ricky Weiss
Lap Leaders: Kyle Bronson (Laps 1 – 5); Hudson O’Neal (Laps 6 – 25)
Wrisco Feature Winner: Hudson O’Neal
Margin of Victory: 0.978 seconds
Cautions: Mason Zeigler (Lap 3); Donald McIntosh (Lap 4); Kyle Bronson (Lap 16); Debris (Lap 22); Kyle Bronson, Scott Bloomquist (Lap 22)
Series Provisionals: Scott Bloomquist, Tim McCreadie
Florence Speedway Provisional: Jesse Lay
Optima Batteries Hard Charger of the Race: Tim McCreadie (Advanced 16 Positions)
Midwest Sheet Metal Spoiler Challenge Point Leader: Jonathan Davenport
Allstar Performance Power Move of the Race: Jimmy Owens
Sunoco Race for Gas Highest Finisher: Hudson O’Neal
Hot Rod Processing Rookie of the Race: Kyle Bronson
COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Race: Clements Racing Engines
Ohlins Shocks Chassis Builder of the Race: Club 29 Race Cars
Outerwears Crew Chief of the Race: Taylon Center (Hudson O’Neal)
Fastest Lap of the Race: Hudson O’Neal (Lap #6 – 16.217 seconds)
STEEL-IT Most Laps Led: Hudson O’Neal (20 Laps)
Dirty Girl Racewear Farthest Traveler: Kyle Bronson
PFC Brakes Pole Award: Nick Hoffman
Time of Race: 33 minutes 44 seconds
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Championship Standings
Pos | Driver
Points | Earnings
1. Jonathan Davenport
6120 | $200,750
2. Scott Bloomquist
5910 | $179,675
3. Josh Richards
5895 | $127,525
4. Earl Pearson Jr
5730 | $123,525
5. Don O’Neal
5565 | $97,850
6. Bobby Pierce
5535 | $112,750
7. Jimmy Owens
5495 | $89,175
8. Tim McCreadie
5490 | $83,075
9. Hudson O’Neal
5415 | $109,325
10. Gregg Satterlee
5020 | $73,525
11. Darrell Lanigan
5010 | $63,700
12. Mason Zeigler
4905 | $54,725
13. Dennis Erb Jr
4845 | $48,400
14. Kyle Bronson
4835 | $69,050
Related: 2017 Ralph Latham Memorial – Results
Related: 2017 North South Shootout – Results
Related: 2017 North South 100 – Results