The Tribute to Don and Billie Gibson results featuring the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
Tonight, it’s the second round of preliminary during in the Show-Me 100 weekend at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO. The premier 3/8-mile dirt track owned by Forrest Lucas is set to host the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series show.
View the full 2018 Lucas Oil Speedway results below.
Qualifying – Report
Kyle Bronson is quickest in group A qualifying.
Chad Simpson ran 2nd last night. Tonighf, he tagged the turn 3 wall on his final qualifying lap.
Jimmy Owens is quickest in group B. Bronson is quickest overall.
Heat 1 – Report
The pole sitter of Kyle Bronson and Justin Duty will lead them to the start of heat race number one.Green, Bronson gets the jump and leads into turn 1.
Duty is sideways in front of the field. He slides sideways from the top of the track to the bottom and stacks up the entire inside lane. Pearson, Vaught and more suffer minimal damage. It’s gonna be a complete restart.
Green, Bronson cuts it to the bottom and slides all the way to the top in turn 1. Duty crosses under him on the exit. Duty leads off turn 2.
Lap 3, the caution is back out. Tyler Erb has a flat and pieces are scattered on the track.
Green, Duty checks out. 10 car lengths back, there’s a 3 way battle for 2nd.
Duty wins heat race number one.
Heat 2 – Report
Gavin Landers and Mason Zeigler will lead the field to the green flag in heat race number two. Green, Zeigler’s foot slipped off the gas or Landers just went way too early. Several cars stack up on the outside lane behind Zeigler. Complete restart.
Green, false start again. Green, Zeigler gets the jump on the outside. Zeigler leads into turn 1.
Lap 3, Satterlee looped it. He was running up on another car, stabbed the brakes and he went around.
Green, Zeigler leads. Joseph Gorby launches over a rut in turn 3. As he lands, the car heads right, directly at the outside wall. The driver is ok, the red is out.
Green, Zeigler is gone. 1 to go, caution. Heckenast Jr is around in turn 1.
Green, Zeigler checks out once more. He wins heat race number two.
Heat 3 – Report
Joey Moriarty and Scott Crigler trail the pace truck in heat race number three. Green, Moriarty runs the middle in turn 1. He leaves just enough room up top. Crigler powers by on the outside off turn two.
Lap 2, Moriarty has a run off turn 2. He cuts to the bottom in turn 3. Moriarty takes back the top spot.
Moriarty wins heat race number three.
Heat 4 – Report
Jimmy Owens and Bobby Pierce set the front row in heat race number four. This one’s the race for the outside pole.
Green, Pierce gets the jump on the outside. Owens runs wide on the bottom and into the door of Pierce. At the same time Pierce doesn’t run all the way to the top, he pinches the entry a bit. Owens is around in front of the field. Billy Moyer comes along with nowhere to go and knock him in the door. Owens is still rolling, the caution is out. Complete restart.
Green, Richards is around Owens on the start but Owens reclaims 2nd quickly. Pierce is 10 car lengths out front. Owens runs him down.
Pierce changes his lane and takes the top away. Owens is caught off guard, he cuts to the bottom and loses 5 car lengths on the exit.
He’s run him down again. Last lap, Owens is there in turn 1. He drives to the bottom, a slider in turn 3. Owens is clear but just barely.
Owens is sideways and trying to leave room up top as Pierce sticks is nose in there right as they reach the exit of turn 4. Pierce wrinkles the right rear of Owens as he forces the track position at the top. They run side by side to the line, Pierce wins it, by inches.
Heat 5 – Report
Jake Davis and Mike Marlar line up in row one for heat five. Green, Davis leads by a car length into turn 1. Marlar makes it all back on exit, he swings to his outside. Davis slides him in turn 3. Marlar cuts under him on the exit.
Lap 2, Davis is around in turn 1. He and Shirley made contact at the entry. Davis pitched it hard, Shirley didn’t they banged fenders.
Green, Marlar drives away to win heat race number five.
Heat 6 – Report
Jonathan Davenport and Hudson O’Neal will lead them to the start in the sixth and final heat race of the night. Green, false start.
Green, Hudson gets the jump. He leads by 5 car lengths quick.
Lap 3, Davenport is running him back down. Inch by inch, Davenport is there. He looks low in turn 3. Not close enough. He does it again the next lap. Again on lap 5, this time he maintains comes off turn 4, door to door.
Davenport cuts it to the bottom in turn 1. He takes the position but Hudson O’Neal crosses him.
Hudson O’Neal holds on to win the final heat race of the night.
B Main 2 – Report
There’s no provisionals tonight. You gotta make the top 2.
Scott Bloomquist started deep in the field. By lap 7, he’s fighting for 2nd. Bloomquist drives it to the middle in turn 3, splitting Babb and Mars. Mars and Bloomquist bang wheels down the front stretch. That sends Bloomquist into Babb. They all continue, we’re still green.
Bloomquist takes 2nd in turn 1! However, the left front wheel is completely broken! The wheel is turned all the way to the left. It’s just dragging along.
Richards jumps the cushion in turn 3! With the left front wheel turned completely to the left, at all times, Bloomquist takes the lead as the crowd erupts!
Caution, spin at the back. Green, Bloomquist leads. Caution.
Green, with the left front wheel folded behind the door, he’s pulling away. Bloomquist wins B Main number two! The crowd erupts once more as he crosses the finish line.
Main Event – Report
Scott Bloomquist and crew have the car repaired, he starts 20th. Justin Duty and Bobby Pierce will lead them to the start. 4 wide salute and we’re off for a 40 lap main event.
Green, Zeigler looks under Duty at the launch. They’re 3 wide onto turn 1. Duty spins as he cooks the entry.
The caution is out, the pole sitter will go to the tail!
Green, Zeigler gets the jump. He leads on the bottom through turn 1. Zeigler leads by 8 cars lengths over Pierce.
Lap 8, Joey Moriarty is slow down the back. The caution is out.
Green, Owens is around Pierce to take over the runner up spot. He sets sail for the leader.
Lap 10, Zeigler hits a bump into turn 3. The front end bounces all the way through the exit of turn 4. Owens pulls right to his rear bumper into turn 1.
Owens dives to the bottom in turn 1. He takes the lead! Owens to the bottom in turn 3, Zeigler to the top. Zeigler gets back to his right rear. Zeigler swings to the lead down the front stretch. Caution, spin in turn 1.
Green, 5 cars under a blanket for the lead. Owens wins the battle.
Zeigler takes it back. Owens takes it again!
Lap 20, Owens leads Shirley and Pierce by 15 car lengths. Bloomquist is flying through the field, he’s up to 6th, right behind the point leader. Caution, spin in turn 1.
Green, Davenport to 3rd. Bloomquist to 4th. Owens leads Shirley by 10 car lengths.
Shirley drives it into the corners way harder than Owens but the #20 gets the drive off. As Owens is deep in lap traffic Shirley is reeling him in. Bloomquist movrs around Davenport to take over 3rd.
5 to go, Shirley has cut the lead down to 5 car lengths.
Jimmy Owens wins at Lucas Oil Speedway!
They’ll rack ’em for the final time. Same track, same series, the Show-Me 100 main event is will pay $30,000 to the winner.
View full Lucas Oil Speedway results below.
QUALIFYING A – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Kyle Bronson (15.188); 2. Gavin Landers (15.326); 3. Joey Moriarty (15.419); 4. Justin Duty; 5. Mason Zeigler; 6. Scott Crigler; 7. Will Vaught; 8. Mason Oberkramer; 9. Brad Looney; 10. Dennis Erb Jr; 11. Raymond Merrill; 12. Billy Moyer; 13. Earl Pearson Jr; 14. Kaeden Cornell; 15. Jimmy Mars; 16. Brandon Sheppard; 17. Gregg Satterlee; 18. Cade Dillard; 19. Tyler Erb; 20. Joseph Gorby; 21. Tony Jackson Jr; 22. Dave Eckrich; 23. Frank Heckenast Jr; 24. Cole Wells; 25. Matt Furman; 26. Jack Sullivan; 27. Jeremy Grady; 28. Mark Burgtorf; 29. Joe Godsey; 30. Bryon Allison;
QUALIFYING B – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Jimmy Owens (15.269); 2. Jake Davis (15.353); 3. Jonathan Davenport (15.509); 4. Bobby Pierce; 5. Mike Marlar; 6. Hudson O’Neal; 7. Chad Simpson; 8. Kolby Vandenbergh; 9. BJ Robinson; 10. Josh Richards; 11. Brian Shirley; 12. Logan Martin; 13. Billy Moyer Jr; 14. Chjase Junghans; 15. JC Wyman; 16. Austin Rettig; 17. Jesse Stovall; 18. Al Humphrey; 19. Payton Looney; 20. Tim McCreadie; 21. Jared Landers; 22. Shannon Babb; 23. Darrell Lanigan; 24. Chris Simpson; 25. Shanon Buckingham; 26. Jeff Roth; 27. Don O’Neal; 28. Mitch McGrath; 29. Austin Siebert; 30. Reid Millard; 31. Cliff Morrow; 32. Blonde Bomber Mitchell;
HEAT 1 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Justin Duty; 2. Kyle Bronson; 3. Earl Pearson Jr; 4. Dennis Erb Jr; 5. Will Vaught; 6. Matt Furman; 7. Dave Eckrich; 8. Tyler Erb; 9. Brandon Sheppard; 10. Mark Burgtorf;
HEAT 2 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Mason Zeigler; 2. Gavin Landers; 3. Raymond Merrill; 4. Mason Oberkramer; 5. Joe Godsey; 6. Gregg Satterlee; 7. Jack Sullivan; 8. Frank Heckenast Jr; 9. Kaeden Cornell; 10. Joseph Gorby;
HEAT 3 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Joey Moriarty; 2. Billy Moyer; 3. Scott Crigler; 4. Jimmy Mars; 5. Brad Looney; 6. Tony Jackson Jr; 7. Scott Bloomquist; 8. Cade Dillard; 9. Cole Wells; 10. Bryan Allison;
HEAT 4 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Bobby Pierce; 2. Jimmy Owens; 3. Austin Rettig; 4. Josh Richards; 5. Shanon Buckingham; 6. Shannon Babb; 7. Payton Looney; 8. Chad Simpson; 9. Mitch Mcgrath; 10. Billy Moyer Jr;
HEAT 5 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Mike Marlar; 2. Brian Shirley; 3. Jesse Stovall; 4. Tim McCreadie; 5. Darrell Lanigan; 6. Chase Junghans; 7. Kolby Vandenbergh; 8. Austin Siebert; 9. Jeff Roth; 10. Blonde Bomber Mitchell; 11. Jake Davis;
HEAT 6 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Hudson O’Neal; 2. Jonathan Davenport; 3. Logan Martin; 4. Jared Landers; 5. BJ Robinson; 6. JC Wyman; 7. Don O’Neal; 8. Chris Simpson; 9. Al Humphrey; 10. Reid Millard;
B Main 1 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Dennis Erb Jr; 2. Mason Oberkramer; 3. Gregg Satterlee; 4. Will Vaught; 5. Dave Eckrich; 6. Jack Sullivan; 7. Brandon Sheppard; 8. Frank Heckenast Jr; 9. Matt Furman; 10. Mark Burgtorf; 11. Joe Godsey; 12. Kaeden Cornell; 13. Tyler Erb;
B Main 2 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Scott Bloomquist; 2. Josh Richards; 3. Shannon Babb; 4. Shanon Buckingham; 5. Chad Simpson; 6. Brad Looney; 7. Payton Looney; 8. Mitch McGrath; 9. Cade Dillard; 10. Tony Jackson Jr; 11. Jeremy Grady; 12. Jimmy Mars; 13. Cole Wells;
B Main 3 – RESULTS
May 25, 2018
1. Jared Landers; 2. Chris Simpson; 3. Tim McCreadie; 4. BJ Robinson; 5. Don O’Neal; 6. Chase Junghans; 7. Austin Siebert; 8. Kolby Vandenbergh; 9. JC Wyman; 10. Jeff Roth; 11. Al Humphrey; 12. Reid Millard; 13. Blonde Bomber Mitchell; 14. Darrell Lanigan
Lucas Oil Speedway
MAIN EVENT – RESULTS
May 25. 2018
Pos | Driver
1. Jimmy Owens
2. Brian Shirley
3. Scott Bloomquist
4. Jonathan Davenport
5. Bobby Pierce
6. Mike Marlar
7. Hudson O’Neal
8. Dennis Erb Jr
9. Mason Zeigler
10. Kyle Bronson
11. Austin Rettig
12. Chris Simpson
13. Jesse Stovall
14. Jared Landers
15. Billy Moyer
16. Josh Richards
17. Gavin Landers
18. Earl Pearson Jr
19. Scott Crigler
20. Justin Duty
21. Logan Martin
22. Raymond Merrill
23. Mason Oberkramer
24. Joey Moriarty
Lap Leaders: Mason Zeigler (Laps 1 – 13); Jimmy Owens (Laps 14 – 40)
Wrisco Feature Winner: Jimmy Owens
Margin of Victory: 1.093 seconds
Cautions: Justin Duty (Lap 1); Joey Moriarty (Lap 8); Scott Crigler (Lap 12); Mason Oberkramer (Lap 21)
Optima Batteries Hard Charger of the Race: Scott Bloomquist (Advanced 17 Positions)
Midwest Sheet Metal Spoiler Challenge Point Leader: Jonathan Davenport
Allstar Performance Power Move of the Race: Jesse Stovall
Sunoco Race for Gas Highest Finisher: Jimmy Owens
Hot Rod Processing Rookie of the Race: Mason Zeigler
COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Race: Durham Racing Engines
Ohlins Shocks Chassis Builder of the Race: Rocket Chassis
Outerwears Crew Chief of the Race: Jeff Strope (Jimmy Owens)
Fastest Lap of the Race: Jimmy Owens (Lap #23 – 15.940 seconds)
STEEL-IT Most Laps Led: Jimmy Owens (27 Laps)
Dirty Girl Racewear Farthest Traveler: Justin Duty
PFC Brakes Pole Award: Justin Duty
Time of Race: 21 minutes 59 seconds
Show-Me 100 lineups – Final night
Click here to view the lineups for the final night of the Show-Me 100. Starting positions are set by accumulated points from Thursday and Friday.