Check below for all the Barcelona testing times from the final day of testing as well as the complete list of times throughout the week of final F1 testing before the season opener.
Nico Rosberg completed the final day of barcelona testing for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS at the Circuit de Catalunya today. With twelve days of track action completed over three tests, the team will return to base to make the final preparations for the season-opening Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in two weeks time.
• Nico’s programme today focused on set-up evaluations over short runs in the morning and longer runs this afternoon
• His fastest time of the day was set during the morning session on the soft compound Pirelli tyres
• Nico completed 131 laps, just under two race distances, which was the highest mileage recorded today
The F1 W04 has completed 5224 km over the three tests, with Nico and Lewis totalling 2640 km & 2584 km respectively.
I’m pleased with our pre-season testing programme. We have achieved a lot of mileage and I can feel that the balance of the car is good. I have the general feeling that we are in a better position than in the second half of last year but this is testing not racing, of course.
The conditions in the first race will be completely different to here as it will be much hotter in Melbourne and Sepang so we need to wait and see. Thanks to the team here at the track and back home at the factory for all their hard work over the last month. I hope it pays off and we can look forward to a positive season ahead together.
With the conclusion of our testing programme, I am pleased with the progress that the team has made over the last month and the steps forward that have been made with the car. We have achieved our objectives for the test programme and the mileage that we have been able to complete has been very satisfying.
Lewis has settled into the team extremely well and everyone has enjoyed working with both him and Nico throughout the three tests. We now have one final week back at the factory to complete our preparations; both drivers will be at the factory this week and, as always, there is a lot of work to do in a short space of time.
We’re realistic about our performance here and our position once we get to Melbourne, and we look forward to the challenge of a new season ahead.
Day Four Results
1 Nico Rosberg MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:20.130 131
2 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:20.494 120
3 Jenson Button McLaren 1:21.444 122
4 Nico Hülkenberg Sauber 1:21.541 118
5 Kimi Räikkönen Lotus 1:21.658 50
6 Paul Di Resta Sahara Force India 1:21.664 112
7 Pastor Maldonado Williams 1:22.415 42
8 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:22.514 100
9 Valtteri Bottas Williams 1:22.524 31
10 Charles Pic Caterham 1:23.115 116
11 Jules Bianchi Marussia 1:23.167 62
12 Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:23.628 91
13 Max Chilton Marussia 1:24.103 49
Unofficial Aggregate Barcelona Testing Times
1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:20.130, 251 laps
2. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1:20.494, 222 laps
3. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:20.588, 230 laps
4. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:21.266, 206 laps
5. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:21.444, 194 laps
6. Nico Hulkenberg, Sauber, 1:21.541, 197 laps
7. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 1:21.627, 171 laps
8. Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, 1:21.658, 50 laps
9. Paul di Resta, Force India, 1:21.664, 169 laps
10. Pastor Maldonado, Williams, 1:22.305, 151 laps
11. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:22.468, 147 laps
12. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 1:22.514, 165 laps
13. Esteban Gutierrez, Sauber, 1:22.553, 191 laps
14. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:22.658, 149 laps
15. Sergio Perez, McLaren, 1:22.694, 201 laps
16. Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1:22.716, 186 laps
17. Charles Pic, Caterham, 1:23.115, 199 laps
18. Jules Bianchi, Marussia, 1:23.167, 136 laps
19. Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso, 1:23.223, 173 laps
20. Davide Valsecchi, Lotus, 1:23.448, 16 laps
21. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso, 1:23.628, 152 laps
22. Max Chilton, Marussia, 1:24.103, 202 laps
23. Giedo van der Garde, Caterham, 1:24.235, 174 laps